Healthy No Bake Pumpkin bars topped with chocolate are an amazing snack or treat! Enjoy them straight from the freezer. Vegan and gluten free! Prep time does not include freezing time.
For the bars:
- 1 cup creamy cashew butter*
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats, ground into fine flour in the blender
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
For the topping:
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Combine all bar ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Press mixture evenly into the lined pan.
- Make topping by placing chocolate chips and nut butter in small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for a minute in 30 second increments, stirring each time until smooth. Pour chocolate on top of bar mixture and use a rubber spatula to smooth. Top with flaky salt.
- Freeze for four hours or overnight. Once solid, slice into 16 bars. Store in a freezer baggie or air-tight container in the freezer.
*This recipe was tested with drippy natural cashew butter. I have not tested this recipe with peanut butter, but since it has a stronger flavor, these would taste more like peanut butter versus neutral almond/cashew butter so I don't recommend it. A better sub with be almond butter!