Amazing, vibrant 10-Minute Curried Chickpea Salad with the best tahini dressing, packed with flavors and textures! A best seller at our restaurant for a reason. Enjoy this easy vegetarian main for healthy lunches or as a dinner side all week by itself or in a wrap. Vegan and gluten free.
In my next life, I'd like to come back as this salad. I mean why be a dolphin or Oprah or Harry Styles when you could be THIS?
Kinda like my Mediterannean Chickpea Salad, 10-Minute Tuna and Chickpea Salad, Chickpea Tuna Salad and Chickpea Salad Sandwich, there's no cooking required so this lunch dream comes together in no time.
If you can use a can opener and chop a pepper, you can make this salad!
- Chickpeas: Canned or cooked from dried, you do you! Just be sure to drain and rinse them since they're the star of the show.
- Cilantro: Fresh herbies for color and delish flavor.
- Green onions: I love the flavor of green onion but red onion would be a good stand-in if you have that on hand.
- Bell pepper: Delivering color, crunch and a pop of flavor. Any color works but I like red or orange here. You could also use carrot or celery.
- Raisins: I definitely don't love raisins, but they're SO good in this salad. Dried cherries or cranberries work great, too.
- Cashews: Mmmmm salty, buttery, crunchy cashews. I prefer them here but almonds or pepitas would do!
- Tahini: The makings a of a creamy sauce sans mayo. Woot woot!
- Maple syrup: Sweetness balances the acid in the dressing. You can sub honey or agave.
- Spices: Curry powder and turmeric make for a lusciously flavorful sauce that's healthy to boot.
See recipe card for exact quantities.
How to make
Can you tell that this is one of those posts where the recipe is so freaking tasty that the post could never in a million years do it justice? And it literally has two steps!
- Blend dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Chop veggies. Combine them with drained chickpeas, cilantro, cashews, and raisins.
- Add dressing. Toss to combine and dig in!
How to store
Dare I say this salad gets better with age? It'll last up to five days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
You can prep it ahead by keeping the dressing separate and combining everything just before serving.
By itself or in a wrap, this salad is enough on its own! That said, it's delish served alongside some other recipe faves like:
More salad recipes to devour
- Power Salad with Za'atar Sweet Potatoes
- Mediterranean Farro Salad
- Vegan Broccoli Salad
- Summer Quinoa Salad
- Brussels Sprout Kale Caesar Salad
CURRIED CHICKPEAS FOR PRESIDENT.Print
Amazing Curried Chickpea Salad with the best tahini dressing, packed with flavors and textures! Enjoy this for healthy lunches all week by itself or in a wrap. Vegan and gluten free.
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup cashews, chopped
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. I blended mine in my nutribullet.
- Place salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Enjoy room temperature or chilled.
Keywords: curried chickpea salad