I bought a big head of cauliflower with the intention of making this cauliflower with tahini and pomegranate seeds recipe; buuuuuut I ended up using the pomegranate seeds every darn day of the week in my beloved strawberry, avocado and goat cheese sandwiches. Darn that delicious goat cheese.
I love love love making soup because it feeds you all week and keeps developing more flavor as it sits in the fridge. I ate about 100 snickerdoodles plus a bunch of other delish cookies at our cookie exchange last week, so I knew that my creamy potato soup wasn't gonna fly, either.
It needed to be a veggie and broth kind of soup, but still creamy from...oh I don't know....almond milk! Or regular milk from a cow or goat or whatever animal or nut you choose....as long as it's not heavy cream. Because life is full of choices and if the choice is heavy cream in my soup or butter in my cookies, I mean let's be real..
BUTTER IN MY COOKIES.
Curried Cauliflower and Carrot Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A creamy and healthy soup full of veggies and warm winter spices.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ - 1 tsp salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Break cauliflower into florets and chop carrots into medium-sized chunks.
- Place vegetables in a medium pot and fill with just enough cold water to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sautee onion in a bit of oil over medium heat for about five minutes. Add curry powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in minced garlic and sautee until onions are softened. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Drain vegetables and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Puree vegetables and onion mixture in a food processor or blender with ½- 1 cup of vegetable broth, or enough to help puree your mixture completely.
- Pour puree back into pot and add the rest of the broth, almond milk and honey. Cook over medium heat until warmed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Well helloooooo there, Winter.
This soup is especially delicious followed by a snickerdoodle or two...just sayin'.
Leave a comment & rating!