A creamy and healthy soup full of veggies and warm winter spices.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Break cauliflower into florets and chop carrots into medium-sized chunks.
- Place vegetables in a medium pot and fill with just enough cold water to cover vegetables. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sautee onion in a bit of oil over medium heat for about five minutes. Add curry powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in minced garlic and sautee until onions are softened. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Drain vegetables and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Puree vegetables and onion mixture in a food processor or blender with 1/2- 1 cup of vegetable broth, or enough to help puree your mixture completely.
- Pour puree back into pot and add the rest of the broth, almond milk and honey. Cook over medium heat until warmed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!