Anyone who’s anyone is buying like at least eight bottles of Frank’s at the store this week. I mean isn’t it like a total superbowl necessity?
I don’t know who’s playing. I don’t care who’s playing. I didn’t even know when the superbowl was till like five minutes ago. What I do know is that an ample supply of snackities doused in hot sauce and a bowl or three of spinach and artichoke dip are absolutely positively non-negotiably essential to the experience.
I mean, lezzz be real. It’s not about the offense and the defense and the quarterback and the linebacker. (Are you impressed with my sports knowledge right now?!)
It’s about the FOOD.
It’s about the keeeeeeen-waaaaaaa.
I love hot sauce almost as much as I love hummus. Almost. But not quite, because that would be treason. Hummus without hot sauce is like ice cream without hot fudge. It’s totally fine on it’s own, but pretty ground shattering with the addition.
I was noshing on the last three tomato, basil and mozzarella quinoa bites dipped in Frank’s when it dawned on me. Why not put the Frank’s IN the bites? HELLOOOOOOOOOO. It was a mildly life-changing thought. Sometimes I lurve my brain.
I ran to the kitchen to re-make them and decided to just nix the tomato and basil and add a quarter cup of Frank’s. These little babies come together in minutes, especially if you have cooked quinoa on hand. Since they’re made in a mini muffin tin, you can eat like seven at a time and then instagram it and say hashtag normal.
You should probably dip these buffalo bites in more buffalo sauce. And maybe some ranch? #Obvi.Print
Bite-sized cheesy buffalo snacks perfect for the big game!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Bring broth and quinoa to a boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer (covered) for about 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, almond meal, garlic, hot sauce, mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp of Parmesan. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon batter into mini muffin tin. Sprinkle bites with the remaining one tbsp of Parmesan. You’ll need to make two batches unless you have a 24-cup muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot with celery and ranch!
Adapted from my Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Quinoa Bites