Super moist Healthy Pumpkin Bars are the perfect fall treat! One bowl and no flour, butter, or refined sugar. Vegan, gluten free and paleo friendly.
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 overripe medium banana
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut flour*
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips and/or walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8in square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place almond butter, pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir until well-combined. Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, smoothing with a spatula. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bars to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
STORAGE: Store bars in an air-tight container on the counter for up to three days. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
*I recommend coconut flour here because it's so absorbent, but I'd guess that ground flax can be used instead of the coconut flour, or 2 tbsp of GF all purpose flour. Do not use almond flour.