Heya, fam! I hope you're all doing well and taking care of yourselves. I urge you to spend time outdoors this week, preferably with no phone. Jeff and I went to Park of Roses over the weekend and let me tell you---it did my soul serious good being immersed in the beauty of nature.
We've been eating out more than usual because to be honest, I really haven't felt like cooking. Cooking usually brings me joy but lately it feels more like a chore.
We've still been cooking two dinners a week, but on the weekends and toward the end of the week we're ready to get takeout. I'm doing my best to not judge these feelings but rather go with the flow and embrace it. Life is a transition!
Lovely Meals and Snacks Lately
Salmon burgers made into patties with grilled sweet potatoes and veggies.
I can't get enough of juicy fresh mangoes lately. So refreshing.
Taco night with my chickpea walnut taco meat, guac, chips, and all the fixings!
Overnight steel cut oatmeal with strawberries from our CSA and peanut butter.
My vegan lasagna with garlic bread and salad, AKA the most satisfying meal of all time.
Herb and sea salt bagel with beet thyme cream cheese from The Lox. If you live in Columbus and haven't tried this combo yet, you need it!
Lemon yogurt with Cheerios on top. I loooove this flavor. As I was eating it, Jeff said "You love your crunch!" He knows me well.
Cherry cheezecake smoothie bowl from Alchemy. Always insanely yum.
We got pizza from Harvest on Sunday and for the first tine, I got plain cheese versus one of the flavored kinds. It was EPIC (def went back for a third slice). Sometimes simple is best!
Asian Salmon Salad with carrot ginger dressing from Alchemy Meal Prep...saving my lunches once again.
Takeout from Aab India, including aloo chole (chickpea potato curry) and nav ratan korma (veggies in a creamy sauce) with naan, rice, and their fabulous chutneys. We hadn't had Indian food a while and it really hit the spot!
A fabulously crumbly blueberry muffin from Stauf's. I hadn't had one in way too long.
5 Things I'm Loving Right Now
1. Favorite product: This tinted mineral versus chemical face sunscreen is super lightweight and non-greasy. This is what I wear daily for SPF. (Here are my favorite $25 wireless earbuds again because I still get messages asking for the link.)
2. Favorite quote: “Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.” --Martin Luther King Jr.
3. On my wish list: All the books on this anti-racist fiction reading list. I've heard great things about Such a Fun Age!
4. Favorite book: I just finished Circe and while it was totally different than anything I usually read (think Greek gods), I really enjoyed it. I have Me and White Supremacy and Hollywood Park on my Kindle so those re next.
5. Favorite article of clothing: These slippers. So perfect for summer.
I hope you have a restful week!