Watch how to make Chocolate Covered Tart Cherry Rice Crispy Treats:
Chocolate Covered Tart Cherry Rice Crispy Treats
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
These easy Chocolate Covered Tart Cherry Rice Crispy Treats are a delicious, wholesome dessert made with almond butter and sweetened with honey!
- Place cereal and cocoa powder is a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine. (I like to add another handful of tart cherries to the mix, too.)
- Line an 8x8in square baking dish with parchment paper (spraying the pan with cooking spray helps it stick).
- Place honey in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Let it boil for one minute before removing from heat and stirring in almond butter and salt. Pour mixture over cereal and stir with a rubber spatula until everything is coated.
- Dump mixture into pan and use your fingers to press it very firmly into the pan so it’s tightly packed.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted. Use a fork to drizzle chocolate over bars. Top with cherries. Freeze bars for 20 minutes before slicing.