In about a month, I'll be a college graduate.
In about four hours, I'll be 22 years old.
I definitely wouldn't mind some more coconut cake-- that's fo sho.
Being stressed about getting old[er] can only be healed by one thing: cooking.
Aaaand maybe a couple vodka sodas with lime.
Almond Butter Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 pound organic tofu or chicken, cubed
- 2 tsp oil (I used sesame)
- 1 12-ounce bag broccoli slaw
For the sauce:
- 2 heaping tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Drain/press tofu for at least thirty minutes.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add cubed tofu (it should sizzle when added to pan).
- Cook tofu for about 10+ minutes, flipping once browned until browned on all sides.
- While tofu is browning, combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once tofu is done, transfer to a plate. Spray the same pan with cooking spray and add broccoli slaw plus a few tbsp of water. Cook until softened (5+ minutes), stirring often.
- Once broccoli slaw is tender, pour sauce over slaw and add tofu. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine and serve!
This sauce is so good that if you want to just use your fingers instead of the tofu and broccoli slaw, that's fine too.
Cheers to a month left of college, four hours left of being 21, and never having to say goodbye to almond butter.