Irresistibly soft and chewy Healthy Ginger Molasses Cookies! Made in 1 bowl and packed with ginger, these will be your new favorite holiday cookie. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil, not melted
- 3 tbsp molasses (I used blackstrap)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add coconut oil, molasses, vanilla extract, and milk. Cream together using a hand mixer or a stand mixer until dough comes together into large, moist crumbles that easily form a dough.
- Use a cookie scoop to form dough into balls, using about 2 tbsp of dough each. Place cane sugar in a small bowl. Roll each ball in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and using the back of a drinking glass, lightly flatten each cookie. (Photos show chocolate chips but I preferred these without them!)
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes before devouring. Store at room temperature in an air tight container for up to a week.
Keywords: vegan ginger cookies, healthy ginger snaps