You'd never guess these incredibly moist 100% whole grain Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Muffins have zero oil and are packed with veggies! Whip up a batch for easy healthy breakfasts on-the-go.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 small over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 heaping cup grated zucchini (don't squeeze water out)
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used mini) + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin tin/line with silicone baking cups and set aside.
- Place flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl, stirring until combined.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add zucchini and almond milk, and vanilla.
- Pour half of dry mixture into wet mixture stirring just until combined. Repeat with the rest of the dry mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill sprayed muffin tin evenly with batter (I use a muffin scoop). Top each muffin with additional chocolate chips. Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
STORAGE: Store muffins in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze muffins for up to 3 months.