The creamiest two-ingredient artichoke sauce you've ever tasted! Paired with spaghetti squash, sautéed veggies, and chickpeas, this one-pot wonder is a healthy vegan meal the whole family will devour.
For the sauce:
- 1 -15oz can quartered artichoke hearts in brine (I used Delallo, do not drain)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
For the spaghetti squash and veggies:
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8oz pkg baby bell mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional for added protein)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water. Let soak for at least 30 minutes or overnight (in a pinch or if you have a high-speed blender, you can skip this step.)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Slice spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out seeds and stringy flesh with a spoon. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over each half and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place face down on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While the squash is cooking, place 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add spinach and parsley and sauté´ until spinach is wilted.
- Place drained cashews and full can of artichoke hearts and liquid in blender or food processor (I used my Nutribullet). Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Use a fork to shred squash into strands. Place strands in a large bowl. Add sautéed veggies, chickpeas, and sauce, tossing to combine. Serve hot.