These Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies make the perfect healthy treat! Packed with whole grains and pumpkin, they’re a nutritious way to satisfy any sweet tooth. Vegan and gluten-free.
For the cookies:
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour (certified GF if necessary)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (certified GF if necessary)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the glaze:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silipat baking mat.
- Mix flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin, molasses, coconut sugar, and vanilla. Stir in flax mixture.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond flour, oat flour, oats, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto pan to form 12 large cookies. The batter will be wet and sticky–that’s ok! Wet your hands to help form the cookies and flatten slightly as they won’t spread in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack. Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl and melt for 20 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth.
- Use a fork to drizzle over cookies.