Hearty cookies packed with whole grain oats, banana, walnuts, carrots, and cranberries for the perfect on-the-go breakfast or afternoon pick me up!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (or ground flax) + 3 tbsp water
- 1 medium very over-ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make your own by grinding oats in the blender, use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together chia and water. Set aside.
- Place banana in a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Add applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Stir in chia and water mixture.
- Add almond meal, oat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in walnuts, shredded carrot, coconut, and cranberries.
- Using wet hands, roll mixture into 16 medium to large balls of "dough". They will a bit wet and sticky--that's ok! Wet hands again to pat down cookies until they look round and smooth. Lightly flatten with hands. They won't spread very much.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack. Store cooled cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge.