Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is the ultimate healthy lunch packed with veggies and the best dressing!
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium cucumber, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup parsley, loosely packed and finely chopped
- Place quinoa and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for about 15 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked through. Fluff with a fork.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place cucumber, pepper, red onion, tomatoes, feta, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Add cooked quinoa, stirring to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve!