Easy Healthy Broccoli Salad made with Greek yogurt (no mayo!) for a crowd-pleasing summer side dish or lunch! Tangy, creamy, and just as good as the original.
For the salad:
- 1 lb broccoli, chopped into small pieces (2 medium heads of broccoli, florets only)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped (or dried cranberries)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain 2% or full fat Greek yogurt (not fat-free)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Plenty of freshly ground black pepper
- Place chopped broccoli, red onion, sunflower seeds and dried cherries in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss well until everything is coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, adding more salt, pepper, or vinegar to get flavors to really pop if necessary. The broccoli will soften a bit and the salad will get even more flavorful as it sits.
TO STORE: Keep leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
TO MAKE DAIRY-FREE: Use this Vegan Broccoli Salad recipe instead.
Keywords: healthy broccoli salad