This warming, creamy Glowing Carrot Ginger Soup will soothe your soul! It’s packed with superfoods and super easy to whip up for a simple lunch. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small to medium apple, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tbsp higher heat oil (I used avocado oil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger (or 1/2 tbsp dried ginger)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Chopped cilantro and crushed walnuts for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place chopped carrots, onion, and apple on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Add broth, milk, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and veggies to a high-speed blender. If veggies are still hot, be extra careful when blending. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm on the stove until hot if necessary. Garnish with fresh cilantro and crushed walnuts.