This healthy Glowing Carrot Ginger Soup is super easy, comforting, and loaded with warming spices. Vegan and gluten-free!
I blame the mind-blowing fabulousness of this soup recipe on my new kitchen.
I went through this looooong phase recently of having next to no interest in cooking. There was a while there where we ate out for nearly every meal. Even breakfast. CAN YOU EVEN?
Cooking, which was always the foundation of my passion, became a bit of a chore. I didn’t want to dust and I didn’t want to make dinner. I had to remind myself, out loud, that I actually liked to cook. The soul-soothing, therapeutic escape it once was transformed into another task to finish right before my eyeballs.
It was kind of like that phase when I lost the desire to write a couple months ago. When hobbies start feeling like a chore, that’s when I pause and re-evaluate.
What changed? Was it my mindset? A busier season of life? Less sleep? Or did I really just lose total interest in something I once held super near and dear to my heart?
It was a mindset. It was a busier season of life. It was all of the above.
I love nothing more than the smell of onions and garlic in olive oil bubbling away on the stove. Being in the kitchen makes me feel home. But like all things in life, from jobs to relationships to hobbies, passion ebbs and flows. Redoing our kitchen, making the colors and materials and ideas come to life, that was what got me back into cooking. I’m back in my element in a space I made with all my heart. Taking a break always makes me come back stronger.
I’ve been cooking fun new meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Pasta with vodka sauce, waffles, pizza, tacos, zucchini brownies, s’mores, corn fritters, apple crisp…I’m cooking for myself and those I love and I’m doing it for one reason and one reason only: because it brings me immense joy. I’m loving what I love. Cooking is one of the only things I do where I feel truly present.
There are still days where my soul needs nothing more than red wine and takeout pizza. There are days where spending time cooking and cleaning sounds as appealing as scooping dog poop. I cherish the moments when cooking brings me joy and I give myself grace in the moments it doesn’t.
Be it reading, cooking, rock and roll music, skydiving, drinking, cats, putting pants on…don’t put pressure on your perfect little soul to love anything other than what you were wired to love.
I was born to love this soul-soothing Glowing Carrot Ginger Soup. That I know for sure!Print
This warming, creamy Glowing Carrot Ginger Soup will soothe your soul! It’s packed with superfoods and super easy to whip up for a simple lunch. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small to medium apple, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 tbsp higher heat oil (I used avocado oil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger (or 1/2 tbsp dried ginger)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Chopped cilantro and crushed walnuts for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place chopped carrots, onion, and apple on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper, tossing to combine. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Add broth, milk, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and veggies to a high-speed blender. If veggies are still hot, be extra careful when blending. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm on the stove until hot if necessary. Garnish with fresh cilantro and crushed walnuts.