These high-fiber gingerbread bites are free of refined sugar and gluten--the perfect healthy holiday treat with a secret ingredient--beans!
- 1-15oz can cannelini beans (or chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 9 large Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- Place beans, dates, almond butter, molasses, maple syrup, salt, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until well-combined, scraping down the sides.
- Add oats and blend until mixtures form a mushy dough ball.
- Dump mixture into a bowl. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove mixture from freezer. Roll into balls. Keep frozen for best texture! These can be refrigerated, but they'll be softer.