Cozy up with a bowl of this luxuriously thick and creamy Vegan Broccoli Cauliflower Soup! Packed with veggies, this easy healthy soup makes the best lunch on a chilly day.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium head broccoli, finely chopped (florets and stalk, about 4 cups)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 small-medium potato, diced
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or flour of choice)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk (not coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oil in a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, 1/2 tsp salt, and a grind of pepper and sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and potato and sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add flour and stir well to combine.
- Add broth, milk, nutritional yeast and another 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Season with salt/lemon juice to taste until the flavors really pop.
- Use an immersion blender to blend half the soup, leaving some chunky for texture. You can also blend half in a blender, being careful as the soup will be very hot!