Naturally-sweetened Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oatmeal Bake! Packed with zucchini and peanut butter, it's the perfect healthy breakfast.
- 2 very overripe bananas
- 2 cups grated zucchini or summer squash (from 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 1/3 cup salted peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (use 1/2 tsp if nut butter is unsalted)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place banana in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Measure out zucchini (no need to peel or squeeze out water) and add to bowl along with milk, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking dish and smooth over the top with a spatula. Bake for 40 minutes, or until set. Cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing into 6 or 9 bars. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freeze slices in parchment paper and reheat before eating.
VEGAN: Sub a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water).
Keywords: zucchini oatmeal