My favorite healthy banana bread that happens to be gluten free! Super moist, lightly sweetened, and easily made in one bowl. Your new go-to recipe! Check out the recipe notes for a vegan option. For a chocolate version, try this beloved recipe.
- 3 medium very over-ripe bananas (brown is good!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups packed almond flour (163g)
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour* (124g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mash well with a fork or potato masher. Add eggs, maple syrup, oil and vanilla and whisk until very well combined.
- Add almond flour (make sure it's really packed in there) and oat flour. Sprinkle in baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and top with additional chocolate chips. Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a knife comes out almost clean. I like to cover the bread loosely with foil around 40 minutes to avoid the top getting too brown. Allow bread to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before carefully removing it and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
TO MAKE VEGAN: Substitute the eggs for flax eggs. To make, whisk 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp warm water in a small bowl. Set aside to gel for 5 minutes.
*TO MAKE OAT FLOUR: If you don’t have store bought, make your own by grinding old fashioned oats in the blender until it resembles a very fine flour.
STORAGE: Store bread wrapped or in an air tight container at room temperature for 4 days. Store any remaining leftovers in the refrigerator. This bread stays moist for a long time!