The most magical Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe for cozy Sunday mornings! Oh so fluffy 100% whole grain goodness meant for maple syrup.
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter (or non-dairy buttery spread)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond)
- 1 large egg
- Melt butter in 20 second intervals in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Measure milk in a liquid measuring cup. Add egg and melted butter and whisk until smooth. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until combined, being careful not to over-mix the batter. Lumps are ok.
- Warm a pat of butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1/3 cup of batter to skillet, repeating as needed. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, flipping once bubbles start to form and cooking 1-2 minutes or until golden. (If you want to add chocolate chips, blueberries, or apples, add to each pancake before flipping.)
- Devour warm with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a giant cup of coffee!