The most magical Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe for cozy Sunday mornings! Oh so fluffy 100% whole grain goodness meant for maple syrup.
- Melt butter in 20 second intervals in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Measure milk in a liquid measuring cup. Add egg and melted butter and whisk until smooth. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until combined, being careful not to over-mix the batter. Lumps are ok.
- Warm a pat of butter or oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1/3 cup of batter to skillet, repeating as needed. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, flipping once bubbles start to form and cooking 1-2 minutes or until golden. (If you want to add chocolate chips, blueberries, or apples, add to each pancake before flipping.)
- Devour warm with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a giant cup of coffee!