The best homemade Vegetable Soup, perfect for a healthy lunch! Super comforting, easy to make, and so flavorful. One of my most popular recipes!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water (I like Better Than Bouillon)
- 2-15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels (I used frozen)
- 1-15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste + freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium-low heat. Once hot, add onion and 1 tsp kosher salt and cook for 8 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic, carrots, celery, and potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often. Add Italian seasoning and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes, corn, beans, bay leaf, and several grinds of black pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice. Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt (don't be shy, I added lots of salt!) and pepper. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Instant Pot directions: Place all ingredients except lemon and parsley in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Let the pressure release manually for 10 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure. Season to taste with salt then stir in lemon juice and parsley.
Keywords: vegetable soup, vegetable soup recipe