This yummy Mexican-inspired, protein-packed vegan Tempeh and Kale Enchilada Casserole is loaded with beans, tempeh, and kale for a filling, healthy meal!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 heaping cup chunky salsa
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 heaping tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-8oz pkg tempeh, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1-15oz can kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn (I used thawed from frozen)
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (I like Frontera)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Rub an 8x8in glass baking dish with coconut oil or spray with cooking spray.
- Place cashews in a small bowl. Cover with hot water and side aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, chop tempeh, pepper, onion, and kale. Set the chopped pepper aside. Place the rest of the veggies in a large bowl. Add beans and corn.
- Place drained cashews, salsa, and chopped bell pepper, and spices in a high-speed blender (I used my nutri-bullet). Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour sauce over the veggie-tempeh-bean mixture, stirring very well.. Dump mixture into baking dish. Using a spatula, press down the casserole so it's packed very tight.
- Top with enchilada sauce. Spread enchilada sauce so it covers mixture. Sprinkle with chili powder if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes.