Snack or dessert, these super easy and moist 100% whole grain Vegan Mocha Chip Muffins are free of flour, butter, and refined sugar!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coffee grounds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with silicone liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Place applesauce, coconut oil, dates, vanilla, and coffee in the bowl of a large food processor. Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Add almond flour, oat flour, old-fashioned oats, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt. Process until well-combined, being sure not to over-mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tin. The mixture will be thick. Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool muffins in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator.