The most delicious and comforting deconstructed Lasagna Soup, packed with vegetables! This healthy and cozy one-bowl-meal is vegan and easily gluten-free.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 8oz sliced mushrooms (2 cups)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 (15oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Vero Gusto by Barilla Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce, separated
- 8 uncooked lasagna sheets, broken into small pieces (can swap for gluten-free lasagna)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, to taste
- dairy free or regular mozzarella cheese (if not vegan) and fresh basil, for topping
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large pot or dutch oven. Once hot, add onion, mushroom, cauliflower, bell pepper, zucchini, and 1 tsp kosher salt and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add water, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and 1 cup of the sauce. Stir and bring to a boil. Add lasagna pieces and cook, stirring often, over medium heat and gently boil for 10-12 minutes (use package directions as a guide) or until al dente.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of sauce and spinach. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed (I added another 1/2 tsp salt). To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with a sprinkle of cheese of choice and basil and a big hunk of garlic bread if you want to go all out!
Instant Pot directions: Press sauté function and heat oil. Add veggies and salt and sauté for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except spinach and cook on high pressure for about half the amount of cooking time required for the pasta (5 minutes if directions say 10 minutes, 3 minutes for no boil). Let pressure release for 10 minutes then release any remaining pressure. Stir in spinach and serve.