You'd never guess these Vegan Vegetable Lasagna Rolls were vegan! Even BETTER than the original. Creamy, delicious, and carnivore-friendly!
- 9 whole grain lasagna noodles
- 32 oz pasta sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, grated + water squeezed out
- 1 yellow summer squash, grated + water squeezed out
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper
- 16oz extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 3/4 cup roasted garlic hummus
- 12 oz frozen spinach, thawed + water squeezed out
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil, loosely packed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Ladle about 1 cup sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium skillet coated with cooking spray or olive oil, sautee zucchini and summer squash over medium heat for five minutes. Season with 1/2 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper. Set aside.
- Place tofu in a medium bowl. Using your fingers, crumble into small pieces. Add hummus, spinach, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, 3/4 tsp salt, basil, and cooked zucchini and squash. Use your fingers to mix everything together.
- Lay cooked noodles on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Place 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture on each noodle and spread until evenly covered. Roll carefully and place seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Ladle remaining sauce over noodles. Cover dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes.