- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 10 dates
- 1½ cups mashed very overripe bananas (3 medium bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 heaping cup rolled oats, ground into a flour in food processor
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped mango
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with liners.
- Blend together applesauce and dates in a food processor until well mixed. Add bananas and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Spread coconut out in an even layer on a plate. Toast in microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until lightly browned. You could also do this in a pan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond meal through cinnamon) until very well mixed.
- Pour wet ingredients (banana mixture) into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in mango chunks.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin. Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.