This One Bowl Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread is a super moist, 100% whole grain treat packed with chocolate goodness! Great for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup very overripe mashed banana (about 3 small bananas)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (can sub avocado or canola oil)
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup grated zucchini, packed (don't squeeze water out)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour*
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5in loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flax and water in a large mixing bowl and set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- To the same bowl, add banana, melted coconut oil, sugar, vanilla and zucchini. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined, being careful not to over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan and top with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 20 minutes on a wire rack before slicing.
- Store cooled bread in an air-tight container on the counter or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
*You can also use all purpose flour, all purpose gluten-free flour, or check out this Almond Flour Chocolate Banana Bread.
TO FREEZE: Wrap the loaf tightly in foil then in a plastic bag with the air squeezed out. It will stay fresh for up to four months. You can thaw it on the counter when you’re ready to eat.