Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins sweetened with dates and banana for a tasty, satisfying snack with no added sugar! Free of eggs, dairy, and gluten. Recipe makes 9 muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with silicone liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Place bananas, coconut oil, dates and vanilla in the bowl of a large food processor. Blend until very smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed with a rubber spatula.
- Add almond flour, oat flour, oats, cacao powder, flax, baking soda, and salt. Process until combined, being sure not to over-mix. The mixture will be very thick.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 9 muffin cups. Top each muffin with a few chocolate chips (these have added sugar) if you fancy! Wet your fingers and gently press down the top of each muffin to get rid of any peaks.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool muffins in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store cooled muffins at room temperature for up to 3 days and then store in the refrigerator.
*I make my own oat flour by grinding old fashioned oats in the Nutribullet until it forms a fine powder.
Keywords: healthy chocolate banana muffins