Forget the takeout and enjoy this satisfying, healthy meal chock full of high-protein quinoa, edamame, veggies, and peanut sauce in the comfort of your own home.
For the “fried” rice:
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp coconut or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bell pepper (I used thawed from frozen)
- 1 cup edamame (I used thawed from frozen)
- 2 baby boy choy, chopped
For the sauce:
- Place quinoa and water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once hot, add onion. Sautee for 3 minutes and then add garlic and ginger. Saute for another minute or until fragrant. Add broccoli slaw, peppers, and edamame. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add cooked quinoa and sauce to veggie mix, stirring to combine. Season to taste with soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and/or sriracha if desired. Top with green onions and peanuts if desired. Serve hot or cold.