Dig into these quick and easy Taco Pizza Muffin Cups as a fun appetizer or wholesome after-school snack! Kids and adults alike will love this fun recipe.
For the pizza dough:
- 1 box Simple Mills Pizza Dough (or your favorite pizza dough)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded/grated
- 1/3 cup vegetarian refried beans (optional)
- 1 small tomato, diced (or a handful of grape tomatoes, quartered)
- 1/2 cup corn (I love roasted)
- 3/4 shredded romaine lettuce
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk together oil, apple cider vinegar, and water in a large bowl (or prepare your pizza dough according to package directions). Add dry mix and stir until well combined. Oil hands and form into a dough ball.
- Roll golf-ball sized pieces of dough and press evenly into muffin tin, oiling hands as needed. Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top each cup with 1 tbsp (or to taste) of salsa, 1-2 tsp refried beans, and 1 tbsp cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top with fresh tomato, corn, lettuce, and cilantro. Enjoy warm!