These Spring Veggie Bowls are a complete meal in a bowl packed with roasted vegetables, whole grains, and a creamy and addictive cilantro lime crema. Vegan and gluten-free!
For the bowls:
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed and chopped in half
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 1 cup grain of choice (I used spelt berries, can sub quinoa, rice, farro, etc.)
- arugula, for serving
For the cilantro lime crema:
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds (can sub cashew or pepitas)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, packed
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- splash of liquid smoke (optional but delish)
- Place sunflower seeds in a bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Silipat or parchment paper. Place asparagus, pepper, sweet potato, and chickpeas on baking sheet. Season with olive oil and a good pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, tossing to combine. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook your grains. Use frozen brown rice for a quick option!
- Make the crema by placing all ingredients in a blender (I used my Nutribullet) and blending until completely smooth and creamy.
- Assemble bowls by placing grains at the bottom topped with fresh arugula and veggie mixture plus plenty of cilantro lime crema. Garnish with green onions.