Loaded with protein-packed quinoa, pear, and spinach, this makes the perfect work week lunch!
For the maple balsamic dressing:
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 2 tbsp maple balsamic dressing
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 large ripe pear, diced
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp dried cherries or cranberries
- 2-3 cups baby spinach (or enough to fill the jar)
- 1-quart size (32oz) mason jar
- Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until combined. (I blended mine in my nutribullet.) You'll have leftover dressing.
- Place 2 tbsp of dressing at the bottom of a mason jar. Layer with quinoa and then top with walnuts, pear, onion, dried cranberries, and finishing with the spinach on top.
- Place lid on mason jar and refrigerate until ready to dump in a large bowl and eat!