Roasted acorn squash stuffed with maple quinoa, pomegranate seeds and creamy goat cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Slice squash in half, scoop out seeds and discard or save for roasting. Place squash halves cut side up in a baking dish filled with 1/4 inch water to avoid burning. Spray/brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa and add to a small pot with water. Bring quinoa and water to a bowl, and then reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) until the water has absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small pan, sauté onion in a bit of oil over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Add to pot with cooked quinoa
- along with the pomegranate seeds, pecans, maple syrup and salt. Fold in crumbled goat cheese.
- Spoon quinoa mixture evenly into roasted squash halves (you may have some leftover) and bake for 10-15 more minutes. Serve hot.