Mexican Hot Chocolate Bites are the perfect healthy no bake snack made with staples like oats and walnuts. Quick and easy!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 12 soft pitted Medjool dates (about 3/4 cup, soak in warm water if hard)
- 3 tbsp cocao powder (plus more for rolling)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- heaping 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk, as needed
- Place oats and walnuts in the bowl of a large food processor. Process until well-combined. Add dates and process for another minute or so, or until well combined.
- Add cacao, flax, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt, and process again for another minute. Add a tablespoon of almond milk as needed to form a "dough ball."
- Roll into about 14 bites. Roll each bite in cocao powder. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer. I like them best from the freezer!
Keywords: mexican hot chocolate bites