This delicious Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche is a wholesome breakfast, lunch or dinner option! It's packed with veggies, tangy feta, and fluffy eggs.
For the crust:
- 1 cup white whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (or basil)
For the quiche:
- 2 tbsp oil or butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (can sub bell pepper)
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale, packed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (or goat cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Reduce oven to 375F. Spray a round pie dish with cooking spay.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and water until thickened. Stir in herbs. Pour wet mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread dough into pie dish, using your finger tips to spread it up onto the sides of the dish (you can also use a rolling pin to flatten it before putting in pan).
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add onion and a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomato, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until veggies have softened. Add greens, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until wilted. Transfer veggies into dish with the uncooked crust.
- Whisk eggs, milk, feta, and cheddar together in a medium bowl. Pour over veggies. Top with a sprinkle of extra cheddar if desired. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until quiche has set. Let quiche cool for 15 minutes before slicing and enjoy!
Keywords: veggie quiche