Healthy and delicious salmon burgers spiced up with zesty Mediterranean flavors!
- 1-15oz can wild salmon, drained
- 1/3 cup almond meal (or bread crumbs)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Roots roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp capers (optional)
- Oil for cooking
- Remove skin and bones from salmon. Add drained salmon and all other ingredients to a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray or a bit of oil over medium heat. Form mixture into four tightly packed patties. Once skillet is hot, cook patties for 5-7 minutes (or until browned). Carefully flip and cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve hot.