A delicious tuna salad (sans the mayo) loaded with creamy avocado and chopped veggies!
- 3–6oz cans wild-caught albacore tuna, drained
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 2–3 tbsp spicy brown mustard (I love Trader Joe’s!)
- splash of lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 medium apple, finely chopped (I used gala)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Place drained tuna in a medium bowl. Add avocado, spicy brown mustard, and lemon juice and mash together well with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over spinach, in romaine leaves, or on whole-grain bread.