This hearty Loaded Lentil Salad is packed with protein, fiber, and warm veggies like roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, and Brussels sprouts. Perfect for a light lunch! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 16oz brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 red onions, diced
- 1 cup French lentils*
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, Herbs de Provence, maple or honey, 2 tbsp olive oil, and a big pinch of salt and pepper in a medium boil. Spread onto prepared baking sheets and roast for about 11-13 minutes. Toss and roast until for another 11-13 minutes, or until golden
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add lentils and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Season with another pinch of salt and drain any excess water. Return to pot.
- Add balsamic vinegar and remaining 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil to pot with lentils. Add veggies and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with pepitas and serve!
*do not salt lentils before cooking