Gorgeous Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing starring quinoa, sun dried tomatoes, feta and almonds. A hearty and filling salad perfect for lunches!
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 2 bunches kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 pint sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Optional add-ins: 1 cup corn, handful of fresh chopped dill or basil
For the sun dried tomato tahini dressing:
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with hot water to plump. (If using oil-packed, you can skip this step.)
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve. Add to a small pot with 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 tsp salt and use your hands to massage it into the kale to help break down the leaves.
- Make dressing by placing all ingredients in a blender or NutriBullet and blending until smooth, adding water if needed (it will be be thick). Add dressing to kale, tossing to combine.
- Add cooled quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, almonds, and cheese. Gently toss to combine. If serving all of the salad right away, add avocado. If saving some for leftovers, add it as you serve it.