Deliciously moist, lightly sweet Healthy Zucchini Bread with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and walnuts!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar, use 1 cup for sweeter loaf)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt (vanilla or plain)
- 1/3 cup oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (from 1 medium zucchini, about 7oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan.
- Grate zucchini into a medium mixing bowl, measuring out 1 1/2 cups. (Freeze any extra for smoothies!) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- To the bowl with zucchini, add together yogurt, oil, milk, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon just until combined. The mixture will be very thick; that's normal! Resist the urge to over-mix. Gently fold in walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
MUFFINS: Check out my Healthy Zucchini Muffins!
GLUTEN-FREE: I haven't tested it, but my best guess would be to use this 1:1 gluten free baking flour, which I always have success with!
VEGAN: I haven't tested it, but this may would with 2 flax eggs and non-dairy yogurt. Let me know if you try it in the comments! You can also try my Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread.
Keywords: healthy zucchini bread