Enjoy this Healthy Stuffed Pear Crisp made with just 10 ingredients for the perfect holiday treat! Free of refined flour, sugar, and butter, they’re a decadent treat you can enjoy all season long! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 4 large ripe pears, halved and de-seeded (I used a spoon, use a melon baller if you have one)
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill oat flour (can sub flour of choice, use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Form a cavity in each pear for the filling. Arrange prepared pears in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place oat flour and coconut sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Add coconut oil and vanilla and pulse until the mixture resembles small crumbs. (Alternatively, you can do this step in a bowl using a pastry cutter).
- Add the oats, walnuts, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Process for about 20 seconds longer, or until well-combined.
- Fill each pear half with a couple spoonfuls of the topping. Place evenly in baking dish. Bake for 32-35 minutes or until pears are tender (use a fork to test if you’re not sure).