Flavorful and filling Healthy Southwestern Pasta Salad with bright veggies and a creamy spiced tahini sauce! Vegan, gluten free, and done in under 30 minutes.
For the pasta salad:
- 1 8.8 oz box Barilla Chickpea Rotini
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 bunch green onions (green parts only), sliced (can sub 1/2 small red onion)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn (I used defrosted from frozen)
Zesty tahini sauce:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 medium to large lime, juiced (3 tbsp lime juice)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, or until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator while you prep.
- Meanwhile, make the zesty tahini sauce by whisking together tahini, lime juice, water, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. It should be a pourable consistency and not too thick. Add more water a tablespoon at a time if needed.
- Set aside a couple pinches of cilantro and onions for topping. Add remaining cilantro, onions, tomatoes, pepper, and corn to the bowl with the pasta. Top with tahini sauce and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt (I used 1 tsp) and pepper.
Add-ins: Cojita or feta cheese, black olives, and jalapeños would all be great additions!
Keywords: southwestern pasta salad, vegan pasta salad, healthy pasta salad