Irresistibly cloud-like, melt-in-your-mouth Healthy Snickerdoodles made with almond flour. Gluten free and as amazing as the classic but packed with wholesome ingredients!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure the butter has sat out and is nice and soft, not straight from the fridge. In the bowl of a stand mixer (I use this handheld one), cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg, beating until combined.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar and beat until a fluffy dough forms.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon topping in a small bowl and set aside. Scoop and roll dough into balls, about 1 1/2 tbsp each. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar and place on sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten each cookie with the bottom of a measuring cup or your hands as the cookies won’t spread while baking.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Store completely cooled cookies in an air tight container.
FLOUR: This recipe was only tested with the flours written. They are special flours that aren't 1:1 subs with other flours, so this is not a recipe where you can make flour substitutions!
CREAM OF TARTAR: Yes, you need it! It prevents the sugar from crystalizing, lending a taller, softer, and chewier cookie. It also reacts with baking soda to create a tangy flavor that's key in differentiating snickerdoodles.
VEGAN: I have not tested this, but I assume vegan butter (like Earth Balance or coconut oil) and a flax egg would work well here.
Adapted from my Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies.