This irresistibly creamy Healthy Salmon Corn Chowder is packed with veggies and cashew cream for the tastiest, most comforting healthy soup. The best part is how easy this one pot meal is! Dairy and gluten-free.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced (1 heaping cup)
- 2 large carrots, diced (1 heaping cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless wild salmon fillet, cubed (or a 16oz can wild salmon, bones and skin removed)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside to soak.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and bell pepper plus a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables soften. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add potatoes, broth and corn and bring to a boil. Reduce heal to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add salmon and cook for a few minutes, or until just cooked through. Remove pot from heat.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Blend with 1 cup water in a high-speed blender or Nutribullet until completely smooth and creamy. Stir into soup along with dill, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add a big squeeze of lemon juice to bring it all together and enjoy!