The best creamy healthier Salmon Chowder packed with corn, potatoes, and cauliflower. The ultimate cozy, lightened up soup perfect for a cool-weather lunch or dinner. Super easy and packed with protein and veggies, plus it's dairy-free. On the table in 45 minutes, this soup tastes like it came from a restaurant!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2 tbsp butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-size pieces (can sub 1 red bell pepper)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium Russet or gold potatoes, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 4 cups broth (vegetable, seafood, etc)
- 1 lb skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces (or 1-15oz can salmon, drained, bones and skin removed)
- 1 tsp dried dill (I used this, or 2-4 tbsp chopped fresh dill)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt (more to taste) + freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside to soak.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and cauliflower plus a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables soften. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add potatoes, corn, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse cashews. Blend with 1 cup water in a high-speed blender or Nutribullet until completely smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Stir salmon into soup. If using fresh salmon, cook for just a few minutes, or until opaque and cooked through. You don't want to over-cook it! Remove pot from heat.
- Stir in cashew cream along with dill, salt, and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice to bring it all together and enjoy!
Instant Pot directions: Follow step 1. Press "Sauté" and add olive oil. Once hot, add onion, celery, carrot and cauliflower plus a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables soften. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add potatoes, corn, and broth. Cook on high pressure for 9 minutes then quick release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid proceed with steps 4-6.
Keywords: salmon chowder