Flourless gingerbread blondies made with high-protein chickpeas! These vegan and gluten-free snack bars make the perfect healthy treat for kids and adults alike.
For the blondies:
- 1–15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
For the maple glaze:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients except those for glaze in a large food processor and process until batter is very smooth, about two to three minutes.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Use a spatula sprayed with cooing spray to evenly press mixture into pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Stir with a fork until well combined. The coconut oil should slightly melt as you stir. Set aside until the bars have cooled.
- Cool bars in pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack before cutting into 9-12 bars.
- Snip corner of the glaze bag. Drizzle glaze onto bars.
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen