Fluffy Vegan Pancakes with Blueberry Topping make the perfect healthy and tasty breakfast any day of the week. Made with 100% whole grain flour and sweetened with pure maple syrup, you’re guaranteed to fall in love with these!
For the pancakes:
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the blueberry topping:
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water. Set aside.
- Add almond milk and apple cider vinegar to a liquid measuring cup. Set aside to curdle.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- To the liquid mixture, add oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and flax egg, stirring to combine. Pour wet ingredients into dry, stirring gently to combine. Lumps are good! Do not over-mix.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium heat and coat with oil or spray (I use coconut oil). Once hot, add 1/3 cup of batter to skillet, repeating as needed. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side and flip once bubbles start to form. Cook for 1-2 more minutes or until golden.
- To make blueberry topping, place blueberries in a small bowl and heat in microwave or on stovetop until hot. Pour back into bowl and stir in chia seeds and syrup. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken before serving.
- Top pancakes with blueberry mixture, almond butter, and maple syrup if desired!
You can keep pancakes warm in a 200F oven if desired until ready to serve.