The only easy black bean burger recipe you’ll ever need–quick, easy, firm, and delicious! Vegan and gluten-free option.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 2–14.5oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- Oil/cooking spray, for cooking
- suggested toppings: lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, ketchup, mustard
- Place flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- If cooking on stovetop, preheat a large pan sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil over medium heat. If baking, preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place beans in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher or fork until most beans are broken up, leaving some whole beans in tact. Add breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, sriarcha, and flax mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Form into 5-6 tightly-packed patties. You can refrigerate them until you are ready to cook (for up to 3 days) or cook them right away.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cook burgers for about 6 minutes per side, or until golden brown. If baking, bake for about 10-12 minutes per side.
- Serve on a bun with desired toppings.
- If you’re not vegan, you can sub a large egg for the flax.
- To freeze, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer baking sheet to the freezer and allow them to freeze for about 45 minutes. Then place burgers in a freezer safe bag and freeze until ready to eat/up to 1 month. Defrost them for a few hours at room temp before pan frying.